Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Celia's handcrafted Christmas link list

I just realize I TOTALLY dropped the ball on the challenges. Oops. My life kind of flipped upside down in Aug./Sept. and I'm just now kind of getting back into "recreational crafting".  With Christmas around the corner, I have a few things I'd like to make, but we'll see what actually materializes.


I saw a really inexpensive wooden kitchenette at kid-to-kid when I was looking for Dean's birthday present. I haven't bought it, but I'm hoping it's still there. If it is, I want to make a load of felt food. If Jess or Mar have favorite tutorials (since I know you've made some) let me know. That link is to a picture board with links to tutorials. I would love to make: eggs (whole and fried), sandwich items, Chinese take out box and food, all veggies and fruits, stuff to make tacos and/or stirfry (I'm trying to figure out how I can do rice...I was thinking of just cutting the white felt into small rice size pieces. Messy though...), and maybe a few cookies or doughnuts. Not sure how long the process is, so I need to get started! If I can't find a cheap kitchen, I guess I could make one! Those are sooo beautiful, but I doubt I'd have time/energy.

Edit: Here's another link to some great felt food that I just found on Sew Mama Sew. It has a few things I didn't see on the other sites. 

The felt fort-table cover at Make it and Love it that Lisa linked awhile back. I kind of want to make it fit my kitchen table so they have a larger play area, but that's a lot of felt! I think they'd love it.

Mini car mats by Serving Pink Lemonade. I think the car mat could be cute in a quiet book. I'd love to do other quiet book things as well. She also has a very cute mini take-along toy barn, though I doubt that will make the cut this Christmas for me.

I have stuff for Walt's car quilt to match Dean's. The back fabric has a brown base, and the outer edges are a bright blue. I would love to do that, but it may be too big of a project between now and then if I want to do anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Great links. The take along barn/house has been on my link list as well as the car mats. I loved the link to all the felt food. That is awesome! I would love to make some more. I actually volunteered to make felt icecream sundaes for our primary - kind of a lets see how reverent we can be and if we can we will keep adding to our sundae until we earn a sundae party kind of thing. Here is a link (http://www.instructables.com/id/Felt-Ice-Cream-Sundae-Plush/) I am going to see if I can make it so that all of the pieces are attachable so they can be removed and added at will. Can't wait to see what you decide on. Those kitchens were beautiful and I wish I had that kind of skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas too! I'm making felt foods for Christmas. I hope to post pictures soon. Maybe not till next week and if not then, then probably not 'til December. But I am busy sewing and using these links, etc. so thanks!

    Next Tues. is the re-purposing night. I've finished the cabinet into fridge and pillowcase into dress and I found a Hawaiian wrap skirt??? Lava lava? right? Anyway I found one for .25 that was exactly like one I already have and I'm cutting it down the middle to make two matching beach dresses for my oldest two. I'm thinking about doing a shirred top, wish me luck! When that is over I want to get back to my felt food set. Felt is fun and fast!

    ReplyDelete