Monday, March 7, 2011

Recycled Art

I love calendars. I don't have tons of them or anything, but I like to have 1 nice calendar with art that I love. My favorite calendar so far featured art of Robert David "Bob" Bretz.  I randomly found it on Etsy as I was searching for a calendar that spoke to me. It was a little pricey as far as calendars go ($25 I think), but this recycled wall hanging makes it so much more worth the money, (plus, I did really love it the whole year).

I just had a carpenter friend cut boards to the size of the calendar pages, modge podged under it and over it, drilled a hole where the calendar hole was, and then hung it on my wall. It was the first time I modge podged anything. It was less intimidating than I thought it would be, but I did have to have a friend show me how to do it.

I have many talents, but hanging pictures is NOT one of them. Matt gave me some pointers, and I think it turned out a whole heck of a lot better than it would of had I done it strictly on my own. It's not perfect, but I do like the end product!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see that you were able to up cycle my art, and that you enjoyed my calendar. I'm sorry for the price, but the cost of making them is much higher for a small business like mine (I hand-bind them one at a time). Thank you for supporting my art.

    -Robert Bretz

    ReplyDelete