Monday, October 10, 2011

A handful or projects

Well, honestly, I haven't done that much crafting this year (which is why I haven't posted). After getting pregnant, my motivation and energy level dropped big time. Here are a handful of things I've been able to complete the last month or two now that I'm feeling a little better and slightly more motivated.

Here's my new "daily tasks" system. I have a monthly calendar next to it and then the night before I write down my appointments and what I want to accomplish the next day. I did like the idea of the last daily task system, but it required too much upkeep (turning cards 3 times a day). I do still try and incorporate some of her tasks on certain days (laundry or bathrooms on Monday, whatever I didn't do on Monday on Tuesday, etc.).

I really like having scriptures and quotes posted around the house where I can see them. I had been doing just printed messages on white paper, but after I painted, I haven't put those back up. I wanted something a little more permanent, so I did this vinyl on balsa wood  for our entry.



I saw this pinned on my friend's pinterest and made it up pronto since my meal planning had been suffering (I know, a constant problem for me). It kind of helps me put the "30 meals idea" in plain sight and arrange it 1 month at a time so I don't have to do it too frequently. I'm in my third week and it's definitely been helping me. The magnetic lables are handy since they can be moved easily if I have to change. I like it's a dry erase board, also, so if I don' t have a label made up, I can just write it in.  I got the calendar board at Target.  The customizable, printable, FREE labels are here. I do need a second board for the "extras", but this works for now.





These little pumpkins were actually our conference quiet project for the boys. They LOVED them. It was a $5 kit I got from Target, though I've seen them at Walmart as well. I basically just let them go to town without any direction from me. I just tacked a clothes line on our wall and used mini clothes pins to hang them.

These boo blocks were inspired by LeAnne's blocks from last year. I just got some coordinating paper and modge podged it onto black blocks. My friend Erin has a cricut cutter and made me the letters out of vinyl.


Aside from this, I've painted our computer room and a fair amount of trim, though there's a lot of trim left for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment