Saturday, March 6, 2010

Blurb books

For Christmas I made a blurb book of my grandparents' posterity. I'm hooked now. No more paper crafting. No more scrapbooking. It's a simple, low frill way to do photo books.

I just finished Dean's first year. For a 102 pg. image wrap, hardcover book with premium pages (7X7 book), I was able to print 385 pictures for $40 total after delivery. The last time I printed out photos from Walmart it cost over $30, and I definitely didn't order 385 pictures! And then I had to pay for scrapbook paper and spend the time putting them in some sort of order.

Another great thing is you can purchase multiple books as gifts (mothers' day) or if you wanted a copy for yourself and your child(ren) you can do that too. Others can buy their own if they want. You can do soft cover, dust jacket, or image wrap. Regular or premium paper. You can make money off your books if you want. If I'd done a soft cover book it would have only cost about $20! Anyway, I sound like an add for them. Like I said, I'm hooked.

You can preview the first 15 pages or so of Dean's book here.

6 comments:

  1. The link for Dean's book didn't work but I was able to see some of the book for your grandparents. AWESOME!!! I might have to do this at some point. I love it!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it and it doesn't work for me either, but I could see the grandparent one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I had it on private, so it only worked for me. It's public now, so it should work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Celia! I like to use Photoshop to make my pages and then upload them to lulu.com and print them as books. I have never felt a connection to scrapbooking, but digital scrapbooking is another thing because its so fast and mess-less. Plus I'm not talented in that type of art and going digital I don't need to be. Its fun to see how you did yours and get some ideas for my future ones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been a fan of "digital scrapbooking" that mimics paper scrapping. You know, with all the doodads and what not. Just soooo many options and it's just too overwhelming. Takes too long to make one page layout. I like this because it's so simple and ends up looking really nice. I've debated on doing a "family scrapbook" and printing it out for each. For this second one I'm using more of my blog posts about Dean and making it a little more journal like with lots of pictures. So I think for now I"ll keep them separate and maybe use some of the same pages in both.

    ReplyDelete