Thursday, March 18, 2010

Celia's Bunny Baskets

Here are my bunny baskets. The white one was my first. I made the handle too big, so the second one was half the size. I'm tempted to unstitch it and do it over, but I HATE picking stitches and Matt says it's ok. I also spaced the ears a little too closely together. I found that by pressing the fleece to the polka dot fabric on the second ears, it looked much nicer and didn't pillow out. I want to add pompoms to the back for a tail, but I'm not quite sure how to attach them. I'll have to take a closer look I guess.

I used the square scrap basket as well and found it to be the perfect size for my little boys. The fusible fleece worked nicely for the interfacing. I also used a thin sew-in interfacing on my handles to keep them stiff and sturdy. I made two other fabric baskets before these with regular batting, and it worked ok, but was not as sturdy as I wanted. The first basket took me a while to figure out, but the rest were a breeze.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Great job on the embroidery. The faces are darling. I love the fabric choices too and the handle from side to side. (and I think the ears are cute that close together) LOVE them!!