We first did our calendar and weather chart that I made. I am in the process of revamping this so it can double as a chalk board, so I will show you that when I'm finished.
I is for Insect and I spy:
- I had some foam sheets with the letter I on them. I let them decorate them with insect stickers and used sticky back velcro to turn them into an "I spy" telescope.
- We looked at 1 page of an I spy book and I quickly realized they had no interest. That kind of surprised me since Dean loves I spy books.
- I had pictures of different types of insects taped on my cupboards. We played "I spy an insect that..." I would describe an insect and they'd try and find it and swat it with a fly swatter! They liked the fly swatter, but they didn't like that I only had 1 of them and they had to share and take turns.
- We went outside and had an insect hunt and flew like insects on our playset swings.
- We came inside and read an Eric Carle book, put on glow bracelets, and went into a semi-dark room and pretended to be fireflies
- I love Old School Sesame Street and fairly despise the Elmo run Sesame Street. So, we watched an old Grover "i" song and a capital I segment. I thought they'd like the song more, but they really laughed at the other segment more.
- We made some shakers out of empty water bottles and corn. They were easy, cheap, and fantasticly noisy! This was the funnest part of preschool today.
- We turned on some TMBG's 123s and ABCs and jammed out with our shakers.
I is for Igloo and Ice Cream
- I made homemade ice cream and carrot cupcakes since one of the boys had a birthday on Sunday.We "iced" the cupcakes (igloos) and put marshmallows all over them to build our igloo. We ate the ice cream out on my little picnic table I made and it made me happy. =0)