Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Felt Mr./Mrs. Potato Head

I first saw this on Make it and Love it right before we left on our Christmas vacation. I decided to make it as a last ditch effort to have a quiet toy for Dean on the plane rides. He didn't really play with it much then, but I have found him playing with it in his room from time to time while he is in time out. =)


I just love the angry eyes!

What? What did I do? (I love his mustache. hehe.)

You can still do the crazy combos I thought were hillarious as a kiddo.

And this is on the back where I'd have put a long strip of velcro to hold the extra pieces.



I think it's a great idea. I made my own body and parts templates, and I didn't make the back pocket. If I were to do it over, I'd put a long strip of the soft velcro (loop?) on the back and just attach the spare pieces there. Or make a bag that has a long strip of velcro. Otherwise the scratchy velcro (hook?) kind of "tears up" the felt. I didn't stuff any of the pieces except the body, mainly because I was trying to get it all done quickly. I just used two pieces of felt for each thing. It worked fine.

3 comments: