Monday, February 15, 2010

My repurposed skirt

Here's the skirt I was talking about. I made it when I was pregnant. It was the only maternity skirt I made with a smaller width elastic. I wish I'd made them all with this elastic because it's the only one I can wear while not pregnant.

The ruffle on the original was a horribly tedious task. It took a long time and in the end didn't turn out exactly how I had envisioned. I thought it worked ok at first, but after a wash or two it just didn't lay right. Since I really liked the fabric, I figured I'd change it to what I want now. I like the new version much better. I have more of the pink fabric, so I might try and cut the ruffle and use it on a pink skirt body.

I made both of these without a pattern. I used the Sew What! Skirts book and it guided me through making my own pattern.

Original

Re-purposed

2 comments:

  1. You can see one of the cuts Dean made on the bottom right hand side of the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I can't even see where the cut was.

    ReplyDelete